Tuesday 26 January 2016

A week with no blogging?

You must be wondering what's happened to us?
Goats in a tree at St Jean Pla de Corts 

In reality, not a lot!

Our friends Chris and Marta departed for pastures new this morning so we are feeling a little bereft right now. We had been hosting the four of us in Bailey of an evening, with each couple taking turns to cook the meal. It's been entertaining although not so good for the waistlines as Marta and I both took to pudding baking. She does an excellent Pineapple Upside-Down Cake and I discovered this amazing Slow Cooker Chocolate Pudding which is set to become a firm favourite, albeit not too often!

Other than our previously blogged walks and another cycle ride to Amelie-Les-Bains, this has been a quiet week. I got back into crafting when Marta asked me to crochet her a hat. She had some beautiful red and silver yarn which looks fabulous. If I had remembered to take a photograph before they left I would post it here. Oops!

In other crafting news though, I am starting a page of my Hand-Crafted Items For Sale right here on my blog. (If you're looking at this post on a 'proper computer' there's a tab on the right at the top of the page. If you're Apple or Android, there's a dropbox somewhere!) I realised this blog gets way more traffic than my Etsy shop, even with extensive link tweeting so why not use both?  Today I've listed three each of hand-woven Book Sleeves and hand-crocheted Water Bottle Shoulder Bags so far and will add the Buttons and Beads soon too. Handmade items make for great gifts - and there's still time to ship within Europe for Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment