Tuesday, 27 December 2016

My Top Ten Books of 2016

It's that time of year when we all start reminiscing and I have my fingers crossed that, globally, 2017 will be a distinct improvement on 2016! Bookishly though, it's been a good reading year for me. I've found new favourite authors and read some incredible books from across the world. In this post I look back at my best books of the past twelve months.
By the time 2016 ends, I will have read about 190 books and 24 of those warranted five star ratings so it wasn't easy to narrow my Best Of choice down to just ten! (The titles and cover images are linked to my blogged reviews. Click through to learn more about each book and maybe even buy yourself a copy.)



Sleepless Nights by Elizabeth Hardwick
Read in February 2016



Anhedonia by Nico Reznick
Read in March 2016



History of the Rain by Niall Williams
Read by May 2016



The Stationmaster by Jiro Asada
Read in June 2016


Read in June 2016



The First Wife by Paulina Chiziane
Read in July 2016



There Were Many Horses by Luiz Ruffato
Read in August 2016



The Memory Of Love by Aminatta Forna
Read in September 2016



Omnia by Laura Gallego
Read in September 2016



Occupied by Joss Sheldon
Listened to in October 2016


As it turned out though, I have a few more honourable mentions that so nearly made it to top ten status, but not quite. They are still every bit as much worthy of your attention though!

One Of Us: Anders Breivik by Asne Seierstad
The Way to Paradise by Mario Vargas Llosa
The Amateur Marriage by Anne Tyler
About The Night by Anat Talshir
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
anemogram. by Rebecca Gransden
My Friends Are All Strange by Margaret Lesh
The Midwife by Katja Kettu


So that's my favourite books of 2016!
Have you also read any of these? If so I would love to know what you thought of them! And what were your favourite reads this year?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you read 190 books? That's so many D: You seriously are owning in 2016. Oh, and one of my favourite reads had to be Wonder by R.J. Palacio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, I do read a lot of shorter books and novellas. Anything over 400 pages is scary!
      I will take a look at Wonder, thank you for your recommendation :-)

      Delete