Monday, 6 March 2017

It's Smashwords Read an Ebook Week!

The ninth annual Smashwords Read an Ebook Week promotion kicked off yesterday and runs through to the end of the day on March 11th. Now in its twelfth year, tens of thousands of Smashwords authors, publishers and readers participate in this global ebook celebration which offers a wide variety of free and deeply discounted ebooks. You can find a promotional catalog on the Smashwords home page and be sure to check back often because thousands of new books will join the promotion during the week. The catalog enables readers to browse by coupon discount or to filter by category, bestseller status, word count and other factors.

Smashwords has so many independently published ebooks that the choice can be overwhelming! If you like the idea of supporting an indie author during Smashwords Read an Ebook Week, but are unsure where to start, I have linked here to a selection of books that I enjoyed:


The Society Of Paranormals Series by Vered Ehsani is fun steampunk set in late Victorian Nairobi. Start with Ghosts Of Tsavo which is free or splash out on the very reasonably priced three volume boxset.
Read my Vered Ehsani reviews on Literary Flits.


Crime fiction fans should take a look at Tin Larrick's books. I discovered this accomplished author when I lived in Eastbourne. All four of his Smashwords novels are free and my favourites are Manukau Bluebirds and Devil's Chimney.
Read my Tin Larrick reviews on Literary Flits.


If horror fiction is more to your taste, try Mark Benjamin's vampire novel A Change Of Heart. I'm also looking forward to his short story, The Curious Case of William Alexander Redwood, which can be preordered before its 3rd April release date.
Read my Mark Benjamin reviews on Literary Flits.


Young adult books are especially prevalent on Smashwords and I have chosen a more unusual example to feature here. Mahi Wasfy is an Egyptian author and her In The Heart Of Cairo gives interesting insights into the city and Egyptian culture. This novel is currently free.
Read my Mahi Wasfy reviews on Literary Flits.

I'm eagerly anticipating discovering other good reads during Smashwords Read an Ebook Week. Let me know what great books you find!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I absolutely love this! I've already gotten Ghosts of Tsavo and shall do the same for Larrick's! Thank you once again, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete