Wednesday, 3 May 2017

Pip And Nut Butter Cookies recipe

Have you tried any of the Pip And Nut range of nut butters? I think they are my latest favourite food and I have gotten through far too much on toast since we came home! You can find them at various stores including Holland And Barrett and Sainsbury's or buy directly from the Pip And Nut website.

I do find the range quite a bit runnier than other brands and this took some getting used to, but I love the varied flavours and that they are not overly salty tasting. My top recommendations are the Honey Cinnamon Cashew Butter and the Crunchy Maple Peanut Butter (for this week anyway ... I might change my mind!)

We wanted a quick sweet recently so I experimented with making Nut Butter Cookies for the first time in ages and they came out beautifully (if I do say so myself!). I needed to add a little more flour than I expected to get the dough consistency right, but the hint of cinnamon with the nut flavour is divine. Here's how I made them:


Ingredients:
75g softened butter
75g demerara sugar
1 tbsp each of Honey Cinnamon Cashew Butter and Crunchy Maple Peanut Butter
120g plain flour

Preheat the oven to about 200c or Gas Mark 6 and grease or flour a baking tray. I prefer to flour as this slightly reduces fat intake, but with the amount of butter in these cookies anyway I accept it's fairly pointless!

Cream the butter and nut butters together. You can of course use 2 tbsp of your nut butter of choice - the pairing above is what I had available. For a vegan cookie, you could substitute vegetable margarine for the butter.

Stir in the sugar and beat briefly to combine well. I like the crunch of demerara sugar in the finished cookie. If you prefer a smoother taste, use a caster sugar instead.

Stir in the flour and mix well until the mixture forms a dough. Split the dough into 12 equal(ish) portions and roll them into balls with your hands. Squash each ball gently to flatten it and place them on the baking tray.

Bake at 200c / Gas Mark 6 for 10-15 minutes, turning the tray part-way though if needed for even baking. Keep an eye on the cookies! Mine were done in almost exactly ten minutes because the oven was already well up to temperature from previous cooking.

Remove the tray from the oven and leave cookies for at least five minutes to cool before you try and lift them up. If you don't they will just collapse! Also leave for at least ten minutes before tasting them. Trust me on this, however good they smell! The insides are molten sugar which stays HOT!

Enjoy your cookies with a good cup of tea.

Nut Butter Cookies 

No comments:

Post a Comment